Castle is temporarily closed to visitors.
Reopening on April 8, 2023.
Explore history of the Château de Meillant and the different families who lived there. Relive evolution of the different styles of architecture typical to France. With its chapel, enter the daily life of our ancestors on a guided tour lasting between 45 to 60 minutes.
Meillant Castle is part of the great Gothic constructions of the region that includes Amboise and Blois castles, Jacques Coeur palace, Duke of Berry palace in Bourges.
To visit the Château de Meillant is to go from wonder to wonder:
– The Renaissance facade of the main building, pierced with mullioned windows
– The “lion tower”, with its coats of arms, its mysterious emblems and its watchers
– The bed of justice
– The gallery of Caesars
– The sumptuous dining room upholstered in Cordoba leather
– The room of Cardinal d’Amboise and its decor worthy of a king
– The large living room with its tapestries from Bruges and its gallery for musicians
– The rich library
– The guard room
– The Louis XI room and its fireplace adorned with royal arms: a golden hedgehog (“Who rubs himself there gets stung”)
…and many other surprises that await you: in the park, at the bend of a path …
Visits: 10.15 a.m. – 2.15 p.m. – 3.30 p.m. – 4.45 p.m
Closed on Monday and Wednesday
- Tour guides and Drives are free